By browsing through, accessing or using our Platform, you agree to the collection and use of your information in accordance with this Notice. Once you provide consent, you may change your mind and withdraw the consent at any time by contacting Us at firstname.lastname@example.org but please note that consent withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.
We are committed to always safeguarding the privacy of your information. To this end, we have appointed a data protection officer (“DPO”). If you have any questions about this Notice or Our data protection practices, please contact the DPO.
Name or title of DPO: MAKA Data Protection Officer
Email address: email@example.com
- Information you provide to us
You understand that we collect your personal information i.e data that can be used to identify you, to enable you access the Platform and for marketing purposes. You understand that you are not compelled to provide us with this information. This information includes but is not limited to your name, gender, email address, social media i.d, shipping address, phone number or other unique identifiers like your IMEI number, MAC address, IMSI number, SIM and others. If you sign up using a social media account, we will also receive information which will include your social media account name, profile photo and such other information that can be used to identify you.
We may collect a variety of information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below.
Registration, Profile, and Order Information. When you sign up for an account in accordance with our Terms of Service, place an order, sign up for notifications or updates, or patronize our services in any way, we may ask you for your name, gender, email address, shipping address, and phone number. If you sign up using a social media account, we will also receive information like your social media name, email address, and profile photo or such other information that can be used to identify you.
Feedback, Forums, Comments, Surveys, and Reviews. We receive information when you rate and review products, write comments, create lists, vote, upload videos or pictures, submit feedback, participate in our forums or surveys, or otherwise post content using the Platform.
Sales promotions. If you participate in any of our sales promotions , we may ask you for contact information such as your email address and/or phone number to notify you if you win. We may also ask for first and last names, and sometimes mailing addresses to ship the prize to you. In some situations, we may need additional information as part of the entry process, such as a prize selection choice.
Payment Information. If you make a purchase through any of our platforms, your payment-related information, such as credit card or other financial information, shall be required by our third-party payment processors on our behalf to process your payment.
Preferences and Settings. We receive information when you select preferences and favorites or change settings available to you on the Platform.
Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive information about you. For example, when you contact our customer support team, we may receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you may choose to provide. If you subscribe to our emails or whatsapp, we will collect information from you, including but not limited to your email address. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open and or click on them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our services.
- Information We Collect When You Use Our Platform
Location Information. When you choose to use location-based features on our Platform, we receive your precise location information. We use your location information to provide you with location-based content, including local offers. We may also identify your general location information, for example by using your internet protocol (IP) address.
Device Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Platform, including IP address, web browser type, operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, application installations, device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, and push notification tokens.
Screen Capture. When you access our Platform using any live social media medium, we may capture your screen in order to broadcast it to other users on the live platform. In such circumstances, and subject to our Terms of Service, the information you present on your screen may be available to other users in that live and on the Platform.
Usage Information. To help us understand how you use our Platform and to help us improve them, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Platform, like the pages or other content you view, the searches you conduct, purchases you make, and the dates and times of your visits.
Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We and our third-party partners collect information using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies. Our third-party partners, such as analytics and advertising partners, may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Platform.
- Information We Receive from Third Parties
Third parties. We may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data, from third parties such as data or marketing partners and combine it with other information we have about you.
- How We Use the Information We Collect
We will only use your personal information for the purpose for which we collected it, which may include the following:
- To register you as a new vendor or customer on our Platform;
- To provide vendors with analytics about the patronage of their products and possibly improve their products;
- To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance our Platform;
- To personalize your experience on our Platform such as by providing tailored content and recommendations;
- To understand and analyze how you use our Platform, develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our Platform, provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support;
- To allow you to sign up for the Platform and facilitate a connection between third parties, such as social networks;
- For marketing and advertising purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you, or to provide you with our loyalty program, including earning and redeeming rewards;
- To facilitate transactions and payments;
- To respond to safety issues that may arise;
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
- How We Share the Information We Collect
Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers retained in connection with the services provided our Platform. In some cases, we may exchange, share, and or cross-reference information, including contact information about you, that will enable such persons or entities to contact you regarding products and services that may be of interest to you. This section does not apply to mobile phone numbers and opt-in consent information collected for SMS text programs.
User Provided Content. Our Platform provides Users the ability to rate and review products, write comments, create lists, upload videos and pictures, submit feedback, participate in our forums, and otherwise post content on our Platform. The content you post, along with your name, user name, and other profile information is generally viewable and searchable by other Users. You may be able to edit or delete certain content, subject to "Your Choices" below. We are not responsible for other Users’ use of available information, so you should carefully consider whether and what to post or how you identify yourself on the Platform.
Analytics Partners. We may share your information with our analytics partners, including Google Analytics, Heap Analytics, and Segment.io and other similar analytics partners to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources.
Advertising Partners. We work with third party advertising partners to show you ads that we think may interest you.
As Required by Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and any regulatory requirement, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety. For the avoidance of doubt, the disclosure of your information may occur if you post any objectionable or illegal content on or through the Platform.
- Your Choices
We understand that your consent is imperative for us to process your personal information. If you choose not to provide us with information we collect, some features of our Platform may not work as intended.
- Your Rights
You have the right to:
- Request access. You reserve the right to request access to your personal information. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you to confirm that it is being processed lawfully.
- Request correction.You reserve the right to request for the rectification of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to correct any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you.
- Request erasure.This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where it is no longer necessary for us to continue to process it in relation to the purposes for which the personal information was initially collected or processed, withdraw consent to process your personal information, object to your personal information being processed where the personal data is being processed in a manner contrary to applicable law. Your right to request for erasure is subject to any overriding legitimate grounds authorizing us to continue processing your information.
- Right to object. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data provided that there are no overriding legitimate grounds for processing. You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes.
- Request for transfer. You may request for the transfer of your personal information to you or a third party. We will make your personal data available to any third party you have chosen in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you. Please note that this request may also attract an administrative fee.
- Withdraw consent. You reserve the right at any time to withdraw consent to process your personal information at any time. Provided that this right will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. Should you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
- Restriction of Processing. You may request for the restriction of processing of your personal information.
- Opt-Out Options
Analytics Services. As noted above, we use Google Analytics. You can opt-out of our analytic services by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Advertising. If you do not wish to receive personalized ads, you may visit their opt-out pages to learn about how you can opt out of receiving web-based personalized ads. You can access any settings offered by your mobile operating system to limit ad tracking, or you can install the AppChoices mobile app to learn more about how you may opt out of personalized ads in mobile apps.
Marketing Communications. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt-out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive transactional messages from us, such as order or account-related information.
- Third Parties
- Data Security
Please be assured that we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical and operational controls and security safeguards to prevent your personal information from being lost, altered, disclosed, or otherwise used in an unauthorized way. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those affiliates, employees, agents, partners, and contractors on a need-to-know basis. These affiliates, employees, agents, partners, and contractors have a duty to maintain confidentiality at all times and only process your personal information for the purpose of giving effect to the basis for your consent. Also, note that we have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and the applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Our Platform uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to secure your personal information.
Please note that you also play a significant role in protecting your information. No one can see or edit your personal information without having your log-in credentials, so do not share these with others.
- Online Privacy Notice Only
This online Notice applies only to information collected on our Platform and not to information collected offline.
- Children’s Privacy
- Retention of Personal Information
Subject to any applicable laws governing our operations, we will keep your personal information for as long as it is required. We will keep the data for such period as may be necessary to enable us to handle or respond to any complaints, queries or concerns relating to our relationship with you. Related to this, we may retain your personal data for a longer period to address any complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect of our relationship with you.
You may notify us whenever you no longer wish to hear from us and we will keep minimum information upon receipt of such notice to ensure that no future contact is made by us.
- Contact Information
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our processing activities or our privacy compliance program, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org