Frequently Asked Questions
We are here to help you with any doubt
How can I find a specific product or brand?
MAKA offers a large selection of products and we’re adding new items often. If you're looking for a specific product or brand here’s how to find it:
- 1. Use the search screen
- 2. Browse by category & filter
You can narrow your search and filter using the following:
By What’s New
By Price (Low to High & High to Low)
How do I know that what I’m buying on MAKA is genuine?
At MAKA, we only list genuine & authentic items - directly sourced from the brands we partner with, so you can be sure that what you receive is genuine.
What payment methods can I use to pay for my order?
MAKA accepts the following payment methods:
- Bank transfer
- Direct debit
To better protect our customers when making online payments by card, your card must be compatible with 3D secure security measures.
How do product reviews work on MAKA?
On MAKA all reviews are placed by verified shoppers. This means that any review you see is placed by a customer who bought that item on MAKA.
Did you recently place an order and want to share feedback & photos of the item? You can now leave a review on the items you’ve recently bought. Check your inbox for an email from us, once your item is ready for reviews.
How do I make sure I care for my items right so they last long?
Each item on MAKA has care instructions provided in the product’s description. We encourage you to follow those instructions to ensure that your item lasts a long time.
Here are some general recommendations we have:
- Read the care label & care instructions before washing your clothes
- When in doubt about how hot your washing temperature should be, always wash at a lower temperature than higher
- To preserve your colors, turn your garments inside out before washing.
- Don't use too much detergent or detergents that contain bleach.
- Don't tumble dry garment unless indicated on the care label.
- If your item has metal trims or embellishments, do not soak
My promo code is not working - how do I fix it?
What to check:
- Make sure you’ve entered the code correctly
- Make sure that your order meets the conditions for the code
- Codes may only be valid for certain products and most of our codes will have an expiration date. You can find the terms and conditions of each code in the same location where you found the code (either in the app or in your email).
- You must enter the discount/promo code when you are checking out as it can't be applied later.
- You can only use one discount/promo code per order.
- Some codes will only work for specific people and cannot be shared.
If your discount code still is not working after checking all of the above, please contact us using the "Submit a Request" link below.
Does MAKA have a store I can visit?
At MAKA, we’re focused on bringing you the best online shopping experience - and have incorporated video to bring you as much detail as possible about your products.
You never have to worry about traffic, opening or closing times or the weather. Just log on easily on your phone & start shopping!
Size Chart & Conversions
On MAKA, all items are shown in their UK size.
If you know your measurements, you can easily identify your size using the table below.
|UK Size||Bust (cm)||Waist (cm)||Hips (cm)|
If you know your non-UK size, you can convert it to your UK size using this chart:
Where can I find the MAKA Size Guide?
We want to make sure that whatever items you order, fit you properly. To help with that, you can find our size guide here.
How can I shop while watching a Live video?
While the creator is reviewing a particular product, you can tap on that product on the screen (either the small icon on the right hand side, or the bigger image at the bottom of your screen) and add it to your bag!
If you want to add a previous or upcoming item to your bag, just tap on the ≡ icon to view past and upcoming products and add them to your bag.
Once you’re ready to checkout, simply tap on the Bag icon at the right hand side of your screen and tap “Checkout” to place your order. Happy shopping!
Do I need to create an account to watch a Live video?
Yes, you do. It allows you to more easily engage in the comments with the live and ask the Creator questions.
My video is not loading properly - what can I do?
We’re sorry you’re experiencing difficulties watching a MAKA Live. A few things to check:
- 1. You need internet access to be able to use the MAKA App. Please make sure you are connected to a network with internet access.
- 2. If your connection is too weak, we won’t be able to send the stream to you. Try switching to Wi-Fi or moving closer to your router. If the issue persists, close the app and open it again.
If you’ve tried the above and are still not able to connect, please contact us (using the "Submit a request" link below). Note that you’ll be able to watch most videos on-demand after the live show has completed.
How do I place an order on MAKA?
Select your items
Pick the items you want to order (including the color & size) and tap on “Add to Bag”
Go to checkout
Once you’ve found all that you need, tap on your Bag (bottom right of your App) and tap “Checkout”
Log in to your MAKA account
In order to Checkout your bag, you’ll need to be logged in to your MAKA account. If you’re not already logged in, we’ll ask you to do so here (or to create an account if you’re new to MAKA).
Delivery details & Promo codes
At the Checkout page, you’ll be asked to select your delivery address, delivery type and enter any promo codes you have. This screen will also show you a preview of your order total.
Pay for your order
This is the final step of our checkout process. Here, you’ll make your payment based on your preferred method. MAKA accepts the following payment methods:
- To better protect our customers when making online payments by card, your card must be compatible with 3D secure security measures.
- Bank transfer
- Direct debit
Once your payment is accepted, you’ll see an Order Confirmation screen. You'll also receive a confirmation of order email to your registered MAKA email address giving you all the details of your order.
Do I need to create an account to place an order?
Yes, you do. It allows you to order easily without having to fill in your details every time you shop with us.
When will my order be shipped?
If you live in Lagos, we aim to deliver your order within 1-2 business days.
If you live outside of Lagos, your order will be delivered in 3-5 business days.
If the status of your order is “Processing”, it means that we're working hard and preparing your order for shipment. During busy times, this status may appear on your order for longer.
Please contact us (use the "Submit a request" link below) for more specifics if your order has not shipped after 2 days.
Where is my order?
Please see the chart below for how long your order should take to arrive, based on your delivery address. Please contact us for more specifics if your order has not arrived.
I want to cancel or change my order
It's unlikely that we'll be able to cancel your order, as our warehouse would have already begun to process it. Please contact us & we'll do our best to help.
I received an item that I did not order - what should I do?
We want to address any issues with incorrect items as soon as possible. Please contact us to share more details about what you received and we’ll help you set up a return.
I'm missing some items from my order - what should I do?
We’re sorry that some of your items are missing from your order. Please contact us, so we can make things right.
Are there any items that cannot be returned?
- We cannot accept returns of underwear & intimate apparel due to hygiene & sanitary reasons
- We cannot accept any beauty products that have been opened, unsealed or used.
- We cannot accept a returned item if the hygiene protector (where available) is not intact.
Can I exchange instead of return?
For us to operate efficiently and get you your items quickly, we aren't able to offer exchanges. If you want to get the same item in a different size or color, simply follow our very easy returns process and place a new order for the item you want.
How do I get the return to you?
When you request a return, we’ll provide you with instructions on how to schedule a pickup from your location.
How do I request a return?
Please request a return here.
I haven’t received my refund yet - what should I do?
If it's been more than 10 business days since you sent back your return, please contact us to resolve this.
My refund is incorrect, what should I do?
A few things to check before contacting us:
- Did you use a promo code in your order?
- Note that we do not refund shipping fees
If you've double-checked and are still seeing an error, please contact us to resolve this.
The MAKA Return Policy
We are sure you'll love everything you ordered, but we also know that things happen! Sometimes, what you ordered just doesn't work the way you want & you want your money back. Rest assured, we're ready to help.
If the item is still in its original condition, you can return your item to us for free. You have 7 days from the time you received the item to request a return & an additional 7 days to have it delivered back to us. We inspect all items when they are returned, to confirm that items are still in their original condition. We ask that you give us up to 10 business days from when we receive your item, to send you back your funds. Note that your shipping fee is not refundable.
Want to make a return? Request one here
What does "Original Condition" mean?
We need any returned item to be in the same condition as when you received it. While you can definitely try items on, if the item has been laundered/washed, or is damaged, stained, torn, worn or in any other poor condition, we will not be able to give you a refund, and may need to send the item back to you (and you'll need to cover the shipping fee). So please do avoid leaving: deodorant stains, makeup stains, rips or tears, etc.
What happens once MAKA receives my return?
All returned items are inspected upon arrival to make sure that they are in the original condition. If our Quality Control team is unhappy with the condition of the item (ex: stains, tags removed, signs that it’s been worn), and we are unable to put it back in stock, we will not be able to accept your return and we may have to send it back to you.
- Once we receive your item and review it, we’ll send you an email.
- If the item meets our return policy, any refund will be automatically issued to your original payment method.
- Your refund can take up to 10 business days to be processed, depending on your bank or card issuer.
- If your item is returned in an unsuitable condition or outside of our policies, we reserve the right not to refund you. If you want your items returned to you, we will request that you cover the cost of the shipping.
What if an item is defective or does not work?
Will you refund my shipping fee?
While we can refund you the amount you paid for the items in your order, we are not able to refund shipping fees.
How do I create an account with MAKA?
Download & install the MAKA app on your smartphone
Provide your email address, username and password to sign up
How can I make changes to my account details?
Once you have an account on MAKA, you can change your account details by going to your profile by tapping on your Profile photo.
There, you can change:
- Your username
- Your First & Last Name
- Your Addresses
- Your password
I'm having trouble logging into my account
Check your credentials
Make sure you’re using the right email address and password you signed up with
Change your password
If you cannot remember your password, request a new one by tapping on the “Forgot password?” link
If after trying the above, you still cannot sign in, please contact us. In your note, please share as much detail as you can about the issue you’re having, including screenshots of error messages and everything you’ve done so far to resolve the issue.
How do I close my account with MAKA?
We’re sorry to see you go! If there’s anything we can do to keep you on MAKA, please let us know.
If you’d still like to delete your MAKA account, please:
- 1. Make sure you’re signed in on the MAKA App
- 2. Go to your profile by tapping on your Profile photo.
- 3. Tap on “Security”
- 4. Tap on “Delete Account”
I'm having problems using the MAKA app
We're so sorry if you're having an issue with our iOS or Android App. Most issues can be resolved by simply closing the app and opening it again. Please follow these easy steps to do so:
If you’d still like to delete your MAKA account, please:
- iPhone X models & above
- Go to the home screen, or to the MAKA app, swipe up & to the right, from the bottom of the display
- Scroll through to locate the MAKA app
- Once you've located the MAKA app just swipe it up to close it
- iPhone 8 models & older
- Double tap the home button to show all open apps appear side by side in a scrollable list (left-right scroll)
- Scroll through to locate the MAKA app
- Once you've located the MAKA app just swipe it up to close it.
- Press and hold the home button on your device to see all your open apps.
- Once you've located the MAKA app just swipe right to close it.
If you’re still having issues after restarting your app, please contact us.